Belair-Edison is a community of Novak and Welsh-built red brick rowhouses situated on treelined streets. The residents pride themselves on being a strong community of caring people. In addition to the rowhomes there is a sprinkling of single and semi-detached homes. Belair-Edison is located in northeast Baltimore and situated around Belair-Road and Erdman Avenue with boundaries of Richmond Avenue to the west, Sinclair Lane to the east and south, and Seidel Avenue ( several blocks north of Herring Run Park) to the north.
At the one end of the community one can enjoy Herring Run Park, a bike path, a children’s playground, plenty of areas to walk yourself and your do. At the other end of the neighborhood is Clifton Park offering an eighteen-golf course and tennis courts. Also close to Belair-Edison is Lake Montebello, a favorite for exercise enthusiasts, including bikers, walkers, runners, and roller-skaters.
The community of Belair-Edison was established in 1940. Prior to the establishment of Belair-Edison, the Brehms Brewery occupied 624 acres around what is now Erdman Avenue and Brehms Lane, Breweries were once one of the main industries in this area of northeast Baltimore during the mid-1800s and underground tunnels have been found where brewery stored its wares. Later a village named Georgetown was thriving at the intersection of Belair Turnpike (now Belair Road and Erdman Avenue.
The homes west of Brehms Lane are the oldest homes dating back to the early 1930s and the homes to the east were built in the early 1950s. At the site of Sinclair Lane Elementary was a horse farm where residents could rent horse to ride through Herring Run Park. Erdman Avenue, near Sinclair lane was called “Lovers ‘Lane” in the earlier days.